Tuesday, December 21, 2010

you know you're turning into your mother when, pt. 2

you know you're turning into your mother when.... you start wearing her clothes.

when i was home in iowa a few weeks before thanksgiving, i raided my mom's stash of clothes from the 70s and 80s. she had saved her polyester paisley bridesmaid dresses, a velour jacket from my grandmother, and all of my sisters' and my prom dresses. can we say major score?




one dress included is the one i am wearing, although it's not intended to be worn as a dress. i wore it two nights in a row to back-to-back christmas parties. the dress is actually a silk tunic with matching silk pants. PANT SUIT, HOLLER! to make the outfit look more contemporary i thought i would fore go the pants and sport the tunic as a cocktail dress with some black nylons and patent leather black booties. it's hard to tell but there are all these awesome magenta sequins towards the neckline adding the perfect amount of pizazz for the holidays.

while i'm home for christmas i'll try to dig up this great picture of my mom wearing this pantsuit with my dad at a christmas party of their own and post it up here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment